OPF 2.0 Whitepaper Our Direct Yarn Spinning Process (DYSP) technology enables the production of 100% Oxidized PAN Fiber (OPF) yarn which can be consistently manufactured into fabrics as easily as cotton. The fabric is comfortable, non-conductive, and inherently flash and arc-fire resistant.
Lorica’s patented, disruptive technology is a fabric made exclusively from material that does not burn, melt or ignite when exposed to flame or electrical arc.
Lorica’s OPF has inherent attributes that include:
• Stronger and more consistent than other flame-resistant fabrics
• Superior flame-resistant characteristics over all competitors’ products
• Highest TPP and ATPV per ounce
• Top protection against arc flash fires
• Inherently fire resistant and non-conductive in one material
• Soft cotton-like feel (hand)
• Available in knit and woven fabrics
• Smaller and more efficient manufacturing footprint
In our Lorica Lab, our team of fiber, yarn and textile experts work together to bring new products to market that address specific challenges submitted by our clients and partners. For more information or to submit a challenge, email email@example.com.